This building and accompanying facilities will transform the educational facilities in the College. It is breath taking in its scope and diversity servicing multiple curriculum areas. The entire facility has been planned with attention to the latest design concepts which reflect the needs of 21st Century learners; active engagement in the physical and virtual world in attractive, technology rich, flexible learning environments.
Specialist learning spaces include:
• six state of the art science laboratories,
• a two tiered auditorium with seating capacity for over 180 students,
• specialist rooms for music education, tutoring and performance,
• rehearsal spaces for music, drama and dance students,
• a Senior Study area, specialist and multipurpose general learning areas,
• an extended area for textiles,
• sporting facilities with a multipurpose court and a tennis court,
• a new College Cafe and an inner courtyard with a special ambience for students to mingle and relax
• an underground car park.
This centre is an exciting development in the history of the College which will continue to nurture excellence in education and learning.