Mt St Michael’s College has undergone many changes since it was founded by the Sisters of Charity in 1925.
The most significant growth has been experienced over the last decade. The Sophia Centre was opened in 1997 and provided the College with a much needed Auditorium which facilitates academic, sporting, liturgical and cultural events throughout the College year
Killindarbin was opened in 1998 and houses class rooms as well as the Hospitality and Home Economics kitchens, Dining Room and Textiles Room.
The following year saw the much needed refurbishment of Grantuly which was the house in which the school was established. The original home has been magnificently restored and is now the College Administration Centre.
The College Resource Centre is situated in the Miryam Centre which was built in 2000 and is the hub of interactive learning in the College.
In 2006, the Learning Enrichment Centre moved into a once under-utilised area of the College and incorporates College counselling services, tertiary and careers information and advice, learning enrichment opportunities and a place of learning and quiet study with access to digital technology.
This then made way for additional classrooms to be built and a reconfiguration of current facilities to better utilise the existing space.
The College Foundation with the generosity of the MSM community has been instrumental in the growth and development of the College and is now entering an exciting new phase of growth. Tuition fees alone do not allow for many of the physical resources that Mt St Michael’s College would like to continue offering its student body and like all independent schools, we look to the generosity of our community to make up the shortfall.