Instrumental and Vocal Lessons are available, including Voice, Speech and Drama, Theory of Music and all instruments of the woodwind, string, brass and percussion families. Students are able to be prepared for external examination such as AMEB and Trinity College.
Membership in most groups at the College is open, (at the discretion of the Music Director). Students will be invited to join particular groups based on information regarding their skill levels obtained from their instrumental teacher. Membership in the MSM Singers, Senior Strings and the Chamber Music Program is by audition, usually held in Week 1 at the start of the year.
Music groups at the College participate in a range of performances throughout the year.
- Music Camp
- MusicFest 1 and 2 (All Groups Concerts)
- Arts Festival
- Chamber Music Soirees
- College events such as Awards Night, Art Exhibitions, Liturgies
- External competitions and events such as QLD Catholic Colleges Music Festival
- External occasions such as Catholic Education Week, community liturgical events
For all the latest information on the Mt St Michael’s Music Events Calendar – Please click here
Detailed information on the Co-curricular Music program may be found in the following documents:
- Co-curricular Arts Expression of Interest Form: Please click here
- Co-curricular Arts Withdrawal Form: Please click here
- Co-curricular Music Handbook: Please click here
Email enquires may be directed to email@example.com