School libraries have a pivotal role to play in 21st century education. The Mt St Michael’s College Library aims to
- Create a welcoming, user-centred environment, staffed by skilled, committed and caring professionals
- Equip students with the research and inquiry process skills needed to participate in an increasingly digital world
- Promote a reading culture and provide opportunities for users to engage in literature activities
The library is a contemporary place of learning which is located on the top floor of the Miryam Centre. It provides a dynamic collection of carefully selected, curriculum-based resources, literature and recreational materials in a variety of formats.
Other features and services include
- Open, flexible learning spaces within a colourful and engaging physical environment
- Excellent printing, scanning and photocopying facilities
- Two study rooms which may be used for individual or group study
- Purpose-built reading couches
- Dedicated terminals for searching the catalogue
- LCD display screen
- Wireless connectivity
- Regular displays of student work
Opening hours are from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Thursday and from 7:30 am – 3:30 pm on Friday; however, 24/7 access to information is available through the Library site on the College Intranet.
|Phone:||07 3858 4291|