Nine MSM students represented the Met North district at the Queensland School Sport Track & Field State Championships over the weekend at the Queensland Sport & Athletic Centre.
With the wet weather challenging the athletes in the finals, our athletes displayed their determination to achieve great results. The main highlight of the day was Sabrina Blasl winning gold in the 16 years 400m sprint. She will now move on to compete at the 2017 Australian All Schools Championships in South Australia.
Other highlights from our athletes included:
• Brooke Gillmeister won second place in the 100m hurdles and placed fourth in the long jump.
• Sophie Lamers and Charlize Cooley both recorded new PB’s in the 1500m.
• Charli McNamara, Olivia Hunt and Phoebe Bergh qualified for the hurdle final, but missed out on placing.
• Maggie Kelly was a strong competitor in the 100m and 200m, but she did not place in either event.
• Keeley Wicks performed well in the javelin, but did not place in the event.
A big thank you to our Track & Field Head Coach, Eric Brown,
for his dedication to the program and to our athletes over this year’s season.