These activities can function as an extension of curriculum learning in the four areas of Art, Dance, Drama and Music, or act as an extra enjoyable activity to broaden students’ engagement with the College.
The following activities and groups are offered by the College.
|Art for the Heart||Dance Club||Drama Club||Vocal/Instrumental Lessons|
|External Competitions||Middle School Dance Ensemble||Theatre Sports||Choral Program|
|Senior Dance Ensemble||Ensemble Program|
|Liturgy Dancers||Chamber Music Program|
There is evidence to indicate that participation in The Arts positively impacts on students’:
- social and personal development
- attitude to learning
- arts knowledge and skills
- generic competencies (writing, communicating,
- problem-solving, planning, organising, perseverance)
- enjoyment and value of the arts.
The research also suggests that arts programs in schools can effectively:
- contribute to improvement in teaching quality
- provide students with positive role models
- encourage family involvement in students’ learning
- raise specific cultural issues in Indigenous communities.