Co-curricular Art activities are an extension of the Art curriculum program.
They encompass students electing to enter a diverse of range of visual art competitions including,
- Creative Generation Excellence Award in Visual Art and Design
- The IEU (Independent Education Union) QLD and NT Art and Design Excellence Awards
- The Lord Mayors Environmental Photographer of the Year.
- The Young Archies Competition
- Marie Ellis OAM Price for Drawing
- The Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize
- The Pixel Photographic Awards
- GOA Billboard Project
- Silk Cut Lino Awards
- Sisters of Charity Christmas Card Competition
The Art Department has an outstanding record of winning awards and prizes in these competitions.
“Art for the Heart” is a term-by-term, before school, activity conducted once a week where students create artworks with different media focuses taught and supervised by Art staff. Registration for “Art for the Heart” will be open to all students at the beginning of each term.
Art staff and Artistic Administrator of the College jointly co-ordinate all art activities. For further information, contact the Art staff or your Art Captain.
Please click here for information about our Art Staff