Art for the Heart
Since the commencement of the Mt St Michael's College Visual Art club in 2016, Art for the Heart has flourished into a consistent year-round program.
Our participating students develop creative competencies and self-confidence through visual expression, visual problem solving, and the display of their work to our wider community. Furthermore, the students have fostered a warm and welcoming informal learning environment, making friendships as well as artworks.
This club has an annual membership moving forward into 2021, with limited placements. The fragmented program offers our members four term-long media focuses, presented by Art teaching staff on Wednesday mornings.
Co-curricular Art activities are an extension of the Art curriculum program.
They encompass students electing to enter a diverse of range of visual art competitions including,
- Creative Generation Excellence Award in Visual Art and Design
- The IEU (Independent Education Union) QLD and NT Art and Design Excellence Awards
- The Lord Mayors Environmental Photographer of the Year.
- The Young Archies Competition
- Marie Ellis OAM Price for Drawing
- The Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize
- The Pixel Photographic Awards
- GOA Billboard Project
- Silk Cut Lino Awards
- Sisters of Charity Christmas Card Competition
The Art Department has an outstanding record of winning awards and prizes in these competitions.